What is SEO Content Creation?
Content SEO refers to creating content that helps your web pages to rank high in the search engines.
Content SEO refers to creating content that helps your web pages to rank high in the search engines. It includes everything to do with the writing, videos and structuring of content on your website. There are four major elements you need to consider to produce content that will make your website rank well: keyword strategy, site structure, copywriting and media production.
Why do I need Create SEO Content?
A successful content SEO strategy includes a well designed copywriting and media production plan. The most important thing is that you should write articles that are attractive to read, and that makes your audience want to stay on your website.
Few things will hurt your brand’s reputation faster and more thoroughly than developing a reputation for producing and sharing poor-quality content.
Media production can take the form of graphics, gifs, videos, stories and animations. Multimedia can assist in making your content more interesting or can be the content itself, for instance Tutorial and Unboxing videos are very popular content that ranks well in organic search results.
Why is Content SEO Important?
Content SEO is important because search engines, such as Google, read your website, so the words and videos you use on your site determine whether or not your site will rank in their results pages.
Of course, your website should be well-designed, with a great user interface, and all the technical stuff that makes your site rank in Google should also be covered. But without quality content, your site does not stand a chance in the search engines. Before one word, video clip, or graphic is created, you must understand the landscape of your audience and their goals.
What are Some Common Types of Content Created for SEO?
Content takes on many forms. These are some of the major content types you can improve with SEO.
- Blogs/Articles: The most common type of content is articles or blogs, which can range from 200 to 3,000+ words in length. These may take a variety of forms, including content clusters and pillar pieces, as well as short breaking news pieces, listicles, and how-to guides that are 3,000 words or more in length.
- Page Level: The main service pages on your website. Typically, this is where people find the information needed to become a client or customer.
- Case Studies: Content that displays successes with your company by a customer.
- White Papers: Super granular pieces that provide solutions with data on how to solve a very specific problem .
- Infographics: Infographics are graphics that appeal to the eye and convey information in a visual way. Remember that these aren't crawlable yet, so use the best Alt Text when adding them to your page. Infographics work best with a properly optimized text content, such as a blog or case study.
- Videos: Who doesn’t like video? Videos must be optimized for each channel through proper tagging and headlines, and also can complement an optimized article, blog, page, or another type of written content. Advances in AI mean that videos can be parsed and understood contextually. This means that providing clear audio and industry jargon can help boost rank.
- Product Pages – These are the most important pages of any e-commerce site. A good product page can serve as both SEO content and a PPC landing page.
- Articles – Think news article, interview, or feature piece. This is the main kind of content you’ll find on most newspaper- or magazine-style websites. Articles can serve as pillar or cornerstone pages. They may also serve to support cornerstone pages through internal linking strategies.
- Lists – A list is really just a kind of article, but framing it as a list (such as “10 Ways Get More Customers” or “The Hottest 25 Fashion Trends") makes it easier to scan. These types of titles also seem to be more clickable when found in search results or in social media feeds.
- Guides – A guide is a longer piece of content that teaches you how to do something. Guides are frequently divided into several web pages, although it's better if users can view lengthy stuff as a single page if they wish to. You may post the entire instruction on your website or only provide a summary excerpt, which requires visitors to fill out an information form
- Slideshows – A slideshow is a way to display a series of related images. Sometimes pictures are more important than text – say you’re trying to show what all the fall favorite fashion colors are. Here again, SEO of your title, captions, image file names and so on is important because there is less for the search engines to “read.”
How Often do I Need to Update My SEO Content?
You should update content as frequently as possible. Content changes fast and Google wants to rank sites that have the most recent content.
There is no best practice for how often content needs to be updated – it depends instead on your industry and how quickly competitors are adding content. For instance, if you’re a news site or a technology company, content needs to be updated more frequently than an ecommerce store specializing in used cars.
How Much Does SEO Content Creation Cost?
Professional content production is expensive and involves experience and many tools to get the job done well. However you can start your content production yourself and if you have success you can also build out your own team.
Having a professional marketing team create your SEO content you can expect today at least $1500/mo and the sky is the limit. With so many options for types of content you can choose what level you feel comfortable while understanding you can always increase your spend as your business grows.