What is Social SEO ?
Social SEO refers to the use of social media as an indirect tool to increase your search visibility and organic search ranking.
Social media apps offer a way to directly engage with a huge international and local customer base. They offer a way for you to share content which can then be re-shared to increase exposure exponentially, while this actions does not directly influence your page rank, it does create exposure and interest in your content allowing for easier backlink building and helping to improve other aspects of effective SEO.
Why do I need SEO for Social Media?
Social networking is not likely to have a direct impact on SEO rankings, but the connections you make across social media platforms raise brand exposure and encourages quality backlinks. They can quickly add up, affecting search engine optimization in a few ways:
- Social Media Platforms have extensive content distribution
- Engagement means a longer lifespan of your posts
- Improve online visibility and organic traffic results through platform
- Increase brand recognition through visual exposure on feeds
- Enhance brand reputation through reviews and engagements
- Boosts local search engine optimization (SEO) through schema matching
Your shares across social media sites does not likely influence your SEO rankings however, when more people share your content throughout social media apps, it generates social signals that indicate your posts are useful to a specific market which can be valuable information for search engines.
How Does Social Media Affect SEO?
As a result of producing and distributing high-quality content that resonates with your target audience, they become your evangelists which can have a ripple effect on the SEO metrics.
Why? For the simple reason that you're providing them with something of value that they can help others with. This means they'll read and share the articles with their friends and followers. Their followers will do the same, and so forth creating a web of trust in your content that search engines can recognize.
One of the primary benefits of content marketing is that if you’re consistently publishing high-quality content, you establish yourself as an expert within your niche over time.
How Can I Leverage Social Media for SEO?
The most effective approach to boost social media interaction is to develop connections with consumers (brand-customer alliance). Relationships encourage trust and establish credibility with you and your company. They also assist you in getting a better understanding of your target consumer, their needs, and the problems they are attempting to solve.
When people see that you're interested in their issues, they're more likely to talk with you, and the ideal place for such discussions is social media. You may engage with them on social groups, forums, and marketing profiles to name just a few spaces now engage with businesses like yours.
Content writing/creation is a great strategy to get more eyes on your website. When it comes to delivering content to your audience, you may use any medium you like. Content that generates traffic and social media shares includes:
- Blog Posts
- Training & How To Instructions
How Can I Engauge with my Followers?
Here are some suggestions on how to engage with your social media audience:
- Ask relevant questions to know how and what they are thinking about your brand.
- Ask for their thoughts about your latest blog post.
- Look for questions they might have asked on the platform and provide helpful answers.
- Respond to user's comments.
- Create a poll to understand what they would like to read next on your blog.
How Can I Optimize my Social Media Content for SEO?
Here are some quick tips on optimizing your social media profiles for SEO:
- Post useful materials on social media.
- Useful materials will help you gain traction, increase your content reach, and generate backlinks.
- Better info helps social media profiles rank in search results and gain traction (grow your followers and drive traffic).
- Quality helps build your brand community.
- You also enhance brand reputation.
- Links from social can help Google with indexation your blog/posts.
- Indexation can lead to more search traffic and improved rankings.
What are Some Social Media Apps for SEO?
Here is a list of some popular social media apps that rank well with Google and can have a positive effect on your SEO strategy: