Recently Google finally released their domain and Domain & DNS management app for general availability. After nearly 7 years in beta, domains.google.com can finally be accessed by the public for work or personal use.
In 2015, Google introduced Google Domains to make finding, buying, and managing a domain as simple as possible. Millions of consumers have since trusted them with their online home, and they've introduced more tools and features to make finding, using and managing a domain, email and security as simple as possible.
Here's what you get when you sign up for a Google Domains account.
First off you get a bunch of Google tools to help you improve your web presence. When looking for a domain, the platform offers over 300 domain extensions to choose from.
Google's technologies can help you expand your brand's reach with a free Business Profile and convert shoppers who find you on Google Search and Maps into new customers, as well as add custom email and collaboration features with Google Workspace.
Quickly create a professional-looking website or online store for free with Google Sites or with premium partners such as Wix, Shopify, Squarespace, Weebly, and Bluehost, all without coding. There are also straightforward connectors with Google Ads and Search Console, allowing you to reach customers across the web and track where they come from.
Google Domains offers a consistent and dependable service, the kind of dependability you require and expect from any of Google's Services. They provide you with high-performance DNS, ensuring that your domain name is accessible no matter where your visitors are situated. It's the same infrastructure that Google employs. They also provide live customer service 24/7.
When building your online home, privacy and security should come standard. That's why Google includes features like 2-Step Verification and one-click DNSSEC to give an extra degree of security to your Google Domains account at no extra charge. They even cover the cost of privacy protection if you want to keep your information prying eyes.
Millions of customers have selected Google Domains because it's excellent for their companies — and good for the internet — whether they're promoting passion projects, working on a side hustle, or dedicating their lives to a cause Google Domains will ensure your visitors can reliably access your domain name.
A range of tools to make your life easier
- Domain sharing
- Give clients or coworkers permission to manage a domain alongside you
- Fast multi-domain registration
- A streamlined purchase experience makes it easy to register multiple domains at once
- DNS Export
- Download your DNS records to standard formats like BIND or YAML for easy migrations and to upload to other DNS servers
Google reliability, security, and performance so you can scale your business like a pro
- One-Click DNSSEC
- Make it easier to protect your domains from DNS threats like cache poison attacks and DNS spoofing
- Free Cloud DNS
- Google Domains provides free Cloud DNS support, which scales to meet your website’s traffic demands and provides super-fast DNS resolution at no cost
- Free privacy protection
- Google Domains covers the cost of keeping your contact information private on WHOIS and RDAP to prevent spam
Save time with integrations from other Google tools and trusted partners
- Automatic domain verification
- No need to verify with TXT records when integrating your website with other Google properties like Google Search Console, Google App Engine, and Cloud Run
- Integrated across Google products
- Easily add Google Workspace for your domain, or create a website in Google Sites or Blogger
- Easy access to trusted add-ons and services
- Google Domains makes it easy to connect your domain with trusted partners like Shopify, Squarespace, WIX, Bluehost, and Weebly
Tour of https://domains.google.com
I am currently working on a project for a condominium association and I used this opportunity to show you the inside of the newly release Google Domains App.